Spirit Yoga Foundation (SYF) is a name to reckon with, if you are planning to learn yoga in the world yoga capital (Rishikesh). We rely on traditional yoga teaching in the right place and in the spiritual environments. We regularly conduct 200 hours yoga teacher training course recognised by Yoga Alliance (USA).
Objectives of SYF
- Imparting deep knowledge of yoga
- Strictly adhering to traditional Guru-disciple pious relationship
- Divine surroundings of Rishikesh
- Imparting knowledge of anatomy & physiology
- Producing world class world class yoga teachers
200 Hours Program Details
05:30 am : Wake up call
06:00 – 07:00 am : Yagya-Fire ceremony (cleansing ritual)
07:15 – 09:00 am : Hatha Yoga Asana Series & Pranayam & Meditation
9:00 – 09:30 am : Breakfast
09:30 – 10:30 am : Lecture
10:30 – 11:30 am : Lecture
11:30 am – 12:30 pm : Technical discourse Followed by Meditation
12:30 – 01:30 pm : Lunch time
01:30 – 03:00 pm : Free time
03:00 – 03:15 pm : Tea time
03:15 – 04:00 pm : Lecture
04:00 – 06:30 pm : Hatha Yoga Asana Series ,Pranayam , Meditation& Preparatory practices
06:30 – 07:30 pm : Free time
07:30 – 08:30 pm : Dinner
Total Seats : 30 Students
Study, analyze and digest the timeless yoga philosophy and it’s theoretical aspect
The 200 hrs yoga teacher training course mainly designed to inculcate deep knowledge of yoga and meditation through theoretical training. What you learn in theoretical class will be followed by demonstration in practical class. The perfect coordination brings the best results in the shorter period of time
- History of Yoga
- Flow of Energy in Yoga
- Patanjali eight-limbs theory
- Hatha Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga
- Karma Yoga
- Kriya Yoga
- Laya Yoga
- Teachings of Yoga in “Gita
Anatomy and Physiology
This is mandatory subject in yoga study which can’t be ignored.
Why Learning Yoga Here
Yoga can be learn and teach in any part of the world. But learning in that place where it originated has its own advantage. There must be a reason why Adi Guru Shiva chose Himalaya as the right place to give first discourse of yoga to seven sages.
Conducive environment: Yoga means union, the union of two opposing forces. Here, learn yoga from moving river meeting unmovable mountains at different locations.
Erudite yoga guru: You will discover many yoga gurus who learn yoga not from any centres, but directly from yoga guru living in caves, totally cut-off from the outer world.
Effortless meditation: In Rishikesh, meditation comes naturally without any force. When there is no distraction or disturbance, all the senses goes inward.
Exploring New Dimensions of Yoga
Everyone is doing yoga in his/her life knowingly or unknowingly. Yoga is inseparable part of human life. When you do anything with awareness, it becomes yoga.
Learning time management: Learn this trait from karma yoga.
Pure heart: Bhakti yoga is possible only when heart becomes as pure as gold.
Hatha Yoga: Learn how to grab opportunities when there is no hope.
Kriya Yoga: Learn how spiritual energy can transform your destiny.
Jyan Yoga: Self-inquiry for the purpose of your life.
Basic Series in Astanga Yoga
Patanjali, the modern yoga guru combined all the branches of ancient yoga to the benefit of one and all. The primary series teaches you about asanas and pranayama by cultivating good habits and curtailing negative vibrations. Know how breathing can affect the asana series for better results. First, have mastery over basic level before moving to higher level.
Constant, regular and uninterrupted practice of yoga by yoga aspirants under the supervision of yoga masters is the hallmark of practical portion of yoga teacher training course. More than practice, yoga demands devotion and dedication.
Just like in any science subject, practical training in yoga is indispensable component of yoga learning & understanding. Every day is a new learning experience for yoga disciple who comes here with lot of hopes and expectations.
The Yoga guru assisted by yoga master helps in moulding your shape and sharpens your intellect in learning the practical aspects. Right from yoga mat to yoga dress, you walk in different world where every day turns into yoga day for you.
You remain disconnected to outer world, but always connected to your inner world. Your yoga teaching skill and aptitude meets new height of success. The yoga teachers must regularly balance teaching philosophies against their practical, in-class margins.
What you achieve
- You can sit in one asana for hours
- Learn adjustments & alignments in yoga
- Knowledge to bring body & mind for yoga union
- Bringing wandering mind under control
- Clarity of thinking for better flow of energy
- Maximize your potential for achieving fixed goals
The key elements of the practical portion are :
- Internal cleaning/External cleaning
- Shatkaram Kriyas
- Yoga for stretching
- Advanced Pranayama through Breathing
Introduction to Yoga Asanas
There are carefully selected asanas for you. You feel energetic & active by the practice of yoga asanas which makes you fit for the inward journey. Some animal postures are inspirational.
Like other exercise in gym which exhausts you, while asanas purify and make your subtle energy strong. A beginner can start few asanas daily at least for a period of half an hour.
- Standing postures
- Sitting postures
- Inverted postures
- Twisting postures
- Balancing postures
- Stretching postures
- Lying on back postures
- Lying on stomach postures
- Back / side bending postures
- Postures combined into various Namaskars
- Therapeutic effects of shouting and crying.
- Dancing postures and laughter therapy
- Release of frustration postures.
- Relaxing postures
Introduction to Pranayama
After asana, comes Pranayama, which is the control of prana by regulation of breath. There are four aspects of pranayama viz. Inhalation, exhalation, internal breath retention and external breath retention.
It influence the flow of prana in the nadis besides removing all laziness, makes the body light, steadies the mind and improves digestion. Don’t fatigue yourself in a fit of excitement, but increase the number gradually.
The place of practicing pranayama is of utmost important. The object of pranayama is to control the vital energy. Mainly, we focus on the following
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama (internal purification)
- Nasagra Mudra (nose-tip position)
- Bhramari Pranayama (humming-bee breath)
- Bhastrika Pranayama (bellows breath)
- Sitkari Pranayama (hissing breath)
- Sheetali Pranayama (cooling breath)
- Anuloma-Viloma Pranayama (alternate nose breathing)
Mudras and Bandhas are certain postures of the body for spiritual awakening which should be practiced with empty stomach. Mudras are done to experience universal consciousness by subtle physical movements. The specific mudras that you will learn here are:
- Jyana Mudra
- Chin Mudra
- Yogi Mudra
- Shakti Chalana Mudra
- Shambhavi Mudra
It means to hold, tighten or lock. The aim of locking action is to hold the pranas in specific areas for the spiritual benefit. The most important are:
- Jalandhara Bandha
- Uddiyana Bandha
- Mool Bandha
These are six yogic techniques of purification by neti, dhauti, nauli, basti, trataka and kapalbhati. These are done before pranayama or some other subtle yoga practices.
- Dhauti—internal, teeth and cardiac
- Basti—water & dry
- Neti—thread, water, milk and ghee
- Trataka—internal & external
- Nauli—left, right & middle
- Kapalbhati—breathing, reverse and then cooling
Here, you will learn how to master attention, concentration and then meditation. The prolonged concentration is known as meditation which comes by controlling of thought-waves.
- Group meditation
- Passive and dynamic meditation
- Practicing technique of right meditation
- Meditation on gross and subtle objects
Yoga for Stretching
In yoga, the postures may be standing, sitting or lying postures. For stretching the body, there should be flexibility in muscles without any strain in joints. Stretching is also a vital part for doing any asana, as you have to remain in one posture for long period of time.
- Right and balance way of stretching
- Activating centers of divine energy by stretching
- Balancing mind, body & conscience
- Self-stretching for fit yoga students
- Supporting stretching for old age, fat or unfit students
Modifying Pranayama through Breathing
The modifying pranayama is forte of our practical training course of yoga training. All are simple and easy to practice, especially to go through new experience.
- Shoulder breathing
- Namaskar breathing
- Hands-stretch breathing
- Kapal breathing
- Up-hand breathing
- Mountain & Bhujang Asana breathing
- Shashank Bhujangasana breathing
Accommodation and meals are included in the course fee for the entire duration of the training course. Accommodation has options of twin and single person occupancy with amenities like attached toilets, hot and cold water, Reverse Osmosis drinking water, etc. Meals include Early Morning Tea/snacks, Breakfast Lunch Evening Tea/snacks and Dinner. Our courses will be held at Rishikesh.
- A bag to keep the study material.
- Course Manual and Books on Yoga for self study.
- Note book and required stationary.
- Neti lota (water-carrying vessel)
- Kurta Pyjama ( 2 Sets ).
- Yoga Mat
- Yogic Cleansing Process material.
- Rudraksha Mala.
- Spatic Mala
- A reservation requires a deposit of US $500.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.
- US $200 refund for cancellation 60+ days before the event.
- $0 deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
- Postponement of course attendance will also entail a fine of US $100.
- If any applicant leaves after the commencement of the course but before its completion no amount will be refunded. However the participant will be provided a waiver of 40% for course fee in case he wishes to re-register at a later date within a period of two months.
- SYF reserves the right to expel any student from the course at any time on grounds of misconduct or inappropriate behaviour, disrespecting the prescribed culture and guidelines by SYF.
- SPF reserves the right to cancel / call off the course or workshop at any time owing to any exigency prior to commencement of the course. In such case any amount paid by the applicant as registration / course fee will be refunded.
Course Fee / Person
|Jan 2018 - Mar 2018||Room Occupancy|
|$1699/Person||Twin Sharing Occupancy (Twin room)|
Note :- For above course advanced booking fee will be US$ 500 per person per course, which can be paid online through your credit card or via bank transfer to our account.
200 Hour Course (4 weeks) Booking Schedule
Organised by Spirit Yoga Foundation
The Spirit Yoga Foundation (SYF) is an attempt to redefine yoga teaching and reinvent meditation experience. Purity, Universal Brotherhood and honesty are our core pillars that give SYF its own unique identity.
“I’m Li Nuo from china, as a foreigner coming to India was an amazing experiences. The yoga that was thought to me was truly an out of this world feeling. It thought me to calm and to have patience and discipline. My health got batter and I feel light on my feet. The yoga practise was so organised and the teacher we kind and well trained in yoga. They trained and thought us with all their heart and soul. The place is truly worth your time and money. My best wish to spirit yoga foundation.”