Yoga educates that the world outside is an expansion of the world inside. Yoga connects you to the origin of your life, the origin of all knowledge and guides you how to come out from your little world. With direction and guide from Spirit Yoga Foundation (SYF), you can live a disciplined & meaning life.
The functionality of SYF lies in its simplicity. One can never feel dull here. By offering myriad of yoga courses from basics to advanced, SYF has opened up a new vista of opportunities for yoga students all over the world. We promote natural way of life, universal love and growing opportunities for everyone.
The learning is simple and lucid with an in-depth knowledge of meditation, pranayama, asanas (postures) and many more. Take something off to look a little deep into yourself and calm the mind down. We need to aware of the people who are around us.
A tree is judged by its fruits and a yoga school by its value & reputation. In spite of its humble beginnings in 2009, various international centers are vying to make joint venture with SYF. The 100 hours yoga teacher training course has got instant recognition in international market of yoga.
- Learning yoga connects you to your basic roots
- Realize your potential to make your life worthwhile
- Learn how simplicity of yoga is pleasing & brings joy
- It helps you to build your future & gain success in life
- Shaping your career as yoga teacher with worldwide recognition
- 100 hours yoga teacher training certified by Spirit yoga foundation in India.
100 Hours Program Details
05:30 am : Wake up call
06:00 – 07:00 am : Yagya-Fire ceremony (cleansing ritual)
07:15 – 09:00 am : Hatha Yoga Asana Series & Pranayam & Meditation
9:00 – 10:00 am : Breakfast & Rest Time
10:00 – 12:00 noon : Pranayama and Meditation
12:00 noon – 01:00 pm : Yoga Philosophy
01:00 -02:00 pm : Lunch time
02:00 – 03:00 pm : Rest
03:00 – 03:30 pm : Tea time
03:30 – 04:30 pm :Anatomy and Physiology
04:45 – 06:30 pm : Ashtanga Yoga
06:30 – 07:30 pm : Free time
07:30 – 09:00 pm : Dinner & Lights out
Learn physical health, mental peace & knowledge of higher awareness by this simple training
The 100 hrs yoga teacher training course is matchless in many ways. Learning different paths of yoga & energy flow can add depth to your yoga practice and create a unique experience of spiritual way of life. All the selected topics covered in this portion will give you best insight into traditional teachings of yoga. It will prepare you as best yoga teacher with fine intellect and sharp memory.
- Increase in mental clarity
- Deep knowledge of yoga one in shortest time
- Simple & east-to-understand language
- Developing the yogic mind by controlling thoughts
- Keeping the mind & body under control
- History of Yoga: History of its origin and its development
- How energy flow in Yoga: How subtle energy flow in astral body
- Patanjali eight-limbs theory: Philosophy of Patanjali, the modern yoga guru
- Hatha Yoga: It represents the forces of mind & prana (vitality)
- Kriya Yoga: Mastery to do action with your energy
- Bhakti Yoga: Channelizing of emotions into devotions
- Karma Yoga: Pure action with 100 percent effort without no intention of rewards
- Pranayama& Meditation: Breathing techniques & prolonged concentration
Anatomy and Physiology
This is mandatory subject so that yoga students can learn about the structure and functions of human body in relation to yogic practices. Here, these are discussed in brief:
- Anatomy & Physiology :Its importance in Yoga, Concept of Cells and Tissues
- Skeletal system: structure & functions
- Types of Bones:Joints Types & Structure
- Muscular system: Types, structure & functions
- Contraction and Muscle fatigue of Muscles
- Digestive System: Structure and functions
- Functions of Digestive: Organs and Digestive Juices
- Excretory System: Excretory Organs with special emphasis on Urinary System
- Respiratory System: Structure, Functions of Respiratory Organs.
- Mechanism:of Respiration and Regulation
Why Learning Yoga Here
Yoga starts from purification. Starting from self-control and self-discipline, you touch higher levels of yoga. You remain calm and composed in all situations of your life. Life doesn’t remain a burden, but a asset to realize higher goals of life.
Strong spiritual aura: It makes you a magnetic personality wherever you go. You become the center of attraction in every meeting or gathering.
Need of practice yoga: More than physical benefits, you learn yoga for the purification of the self and transmit your knowledge to other spiritual-seekers by becoming world class yoga teacher.
What you learn: The inward journey starts with asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, shatkarma and meditation. You will learn the new dimensions of your existence.
Yoga touching all aspects of life
It connects at conscious, sub-conscious & unconscious planes of your existence. Yoga explores each dimension of everyone’s life. The growing popularity of yoga is shows its strength and acceptability. There is yoga in every part of creation, be it small or big.
Touch all aspects of life: Undoubtedly, yoga touches all dimensions of your existence viz. physical, mental, emotional, psychic & spiritual.
Bhakti Yoga: Yogic path of divine devotion
Karma Yoga: Yogic path of action without aiming for any reward
Hatha Yoga: Obstinate path of path which prepares you for Raja yoga
Kriya Yoga: A part of kundalini yoga by internal action
By learning asanas (postures), you will realize that how your body is a centre of untapped divine energy and is ever-ready to protect from negative dimensions. Conserving energy for yoga practice is pre-requisite to achieve real purpose of practical yoga training.
The team of yoga guru & yoga master will help you in right alignment & adjustment of your posture. People from all walks of life can learn yoga. Practicing yoga under the guidance of yoga masters is the trademark of the practical portion of yoga teacher training course.
The practical training of asanas and meditation symbolizes different levels of awareness. There is perfect coordination between yoga philosophy & theoretical portion. You will learn here how much you have to look forward to no matter what your age!
- Learning proper manner after correction for each asana
- Time & place for doing asana
- Developing awareness of the body movements
- Performing of asanas in tuning with nature
- Learn how asanas are more mental than mere physical
- Removing energy blockages from the body
What you learn here
- Learn how it restores freshness
- Improving energy flow within the body
- Understand how it integrates mind & body
- How to prevent back pain, muscle or joint injury
- Subtle & powerful effect on body, mind & conscience
Key Elements of the Practical Portion
- Cleansing (internal & external)
- Postures (Asanas)
- Breathing techniques in yogic way (Pranayama)
- Shatkaram Kriyas
- Advanced Pranayama through Breathing
Introduction to Yoga Asanas
The asanas are stepping-stones to higher awareness with the right coordination of mind, body & consciousness. Start from what is steady and pleasant. The practice of asanas becomes firmly grounded when it has been cultivated for a long time, repeatedly with intense devotion.
It focuses on sitting comfortable position for long period. Apart from toning and relaxing your muscles & joints, it prepares for inward journey. The aim of asanas is to release the knots & mental tensions. Through the practice of selected asanas, your dormant energy potential will release.
Asanas are foundation of learning yogic art. It makes you strong and healthy and eradicates many diseases. Asanas are one of the eight limbs of ashtanga yoga which should be done after completing shatkarma, and then followed by pranayama.
- Standing postures
- Sitting postures
- Inverted postures
- Twisting postures
- Balancing postures
- Stretching postures
- Lying on back postures
- Lying on stomach postures
- Back / side bending postures
- Postures combined into various Namaskars
- Therapeutic effects of shouting and crying.
- Dancing postures and laughter therapy
- Release of frustration postures.
- Relaxing postures
Introduction to Pranayama
Pranayama is one of the fine arts of hatha yoga. It is a very powerful technique for the dissemination of spiritual knowledge. It is harmonious control of breath. In this training, you will learn how to retain the purity and divinity of control of prana, which is known as pranayama.
Start practice pranayama under the guidance of expert yoga master. Inhalation, exhalation including internal breath retention and external breath retention are essential components of pranayama.
The place for breathing should be well-ventilated, open without any disturbance. The best time is early morning when air is pure and bounty. The object of pranayama is to control the vital energy. Mainly, we focus on the following:
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama (internal purification)
- Nasagra Mudra (nose-tip position)
- Bhramari Pranayama (humming-bee breath)
- Bhastrika Pranayama (bellows breath)
- Sitkari Pranayama (hissing breath)
- Sheetali Pranayama (cooling breath)
- Anuloma-Viloma Pranayama (alternate nose breathing)
Mudra means gesture or attitude which is a unique part of yoga requiring a very delicate awareness. It leads to awakening of pranas, chakras & kundalini. It can be categorized into five categories viz. hand mudras, head mudras, postural mudras, lock mudras and perineal mudras. The specific mudras that you learn here:
- Jyana Mudra
- Chin Mudra
- Yogi Mudra
- Shakti Chalana Mudra
- Shambhavi Mudra
Bandha is a Sanskrit word which means to hold, tighten or lock. It should be practiced and mastered individually. There are four bandhas viz. jalandhara, moola, uddiyana & maha with an intention of locking action is to hold the pranas in specific areas for the spiritual benefit. The most important are:
- Jalandhara Bandha
- Uddiyana Bandha
- Mool Bandha
Shat means six actions or six cleansing techniques. These are neti, dhauti, nauli, basti, trataka and kapalbhati. These are done to remove three defects: kapha (mucus), pitta (bile) & vata (wind).
- Dhauti—internal, teeth and cardiac
- Basti—water & dry
- Neti—thread, water, milk and ghee
- Trataka—internal & external
- Nauli—left, right & middle
- Kapalbhati—breathing, reverse and then cooling
Meditation improves your thought-wave, emotions & creativity. Without mastering attention & concentration, it is not advisable to directly jump into meditation. It gives you self-reliance and self-esteem. As you move deeper into meditation practice, you start to see the mental & spiritual benefits.
- Group meditation
- Passive & dynamic meditation
- Practicing technique of right meditation
- Meditation on gross and subtle objects
Modifying Pranayama through Breathing
Learn unique breathing techniques which are the gem of entire practical training course of yoga teachers training course. It is a series of stretches and poses that you do with breathing techniques of yoga under the guidance of erudite yoga master.
- Shoulder breathing
- Folding hand (namaskar) breathing
- Hands-stretch breathing
- Kapal breathing
- Up-hand breathing
- Mountain & Bhujang Asana breathing
- Shashank Bhujangasana breathing
Astanga Yoga (Basic Series)
The basic series is meant for beginners to grasp the real meaning of yoga and its purpose. It is amazing to learn how this Patanjali’s yoga can transform your life to lead a real life. It also brings remarkable changes in the behavioral pattern and the mental attitude of a person.
Patanjali’s yoga sutras (aphorisms) are various forms of abstention from yama (evil-doing), niyamas (some observances), asana, pranayama, withdrawal of the mind from senses (pratyahara), concentration, meditation & finally Samadhi.
Accommodation and meals are included in the course fee for the entire duration of the training course. Accommodation has options of twin and single person occupancy with amenities like attached toilets, hot and cold water, Reverse Osmosis drinking water, etc. Meals include Early Morning Tea/snacks, Breakfast Lunch Evening Tea/snacks and Dinner. Our courses will be held at Rishikesh.
- A bag to keep the study material.
- Course Manual and Books on Yoga for self study.
- Note book and required stationary.
- Neti lota (water-carrying vessel)
- Kurta Pyjama ( 2 Sets ).
- Yoga Mat
- Yogic Cleansing Process material.
- Rudraksha Mala.
- Spatic Mala
- A reservation requires a deposit of US $300.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- Postponement of course attendance will also entail a fine of $US 100.
- If any applicant leaves after the commencement of the course but before its completion no amount will be refunded. However the participant will be provided a waiver of 40% for course fee in case he wishes to re-register at a later date within a period of two months.
- SYF reserves the right to expel any student from the course at any time on grounds of misconduct or inappropriate behaviour, disrespecting the prescribed culture and guidelines by SYF.
- SPF reserves the right to cancel / call off the course or workshop at any time owing to any exigency prior to commencement of the course. In such case any amount paid by the applicant as registration / course fee will be refunded.
Course Fee / Person
|Jan 2018 - Mar 2018||Room Occupancy|
|$999/Person||Twin Sharing Occupancy (Twin room)|
Note :- For above course advanced booking fee will be US$ 300 per person per course, which can be paid online through your credit card or via bank transfer to our account.
100 Hour Course Booking Schedule
Organised by Spirit Yoga Foundation
The Spirit Yoga Foundation (SYF) is an attempt to redefine yoga teaching and reinvent meditation experience. Purity, Universal Brotherhood and honesty are our core pillars that give SYF its own unique identity.
“I’m Li Nuo from china, as a foreigner coming to India was an amazing experiences. The yoga that was thought to me was truly an out of this world feeling. It thought me to calm and to have patience and discipline. My health got batter and I feel light on my feet. The yoga practise was so organised and the teacher we kind and well trained in yoga. They trained and thought us with all their heart and soul. The place is truly worth your time and money. My best wish to spirit yoga foundation.”